Kenya offers a plethora of safari tour agencies, with everything from day trips to 6 week tours. The overseeing body of safari companies in Kenya is the Kenyan Association of Tour Operators (KATO). Below is a selection of recommended tour and safari tour companies in Kenya:
- Basecamp Explorers: www.basecampexplorer.com Scandinavian run company operating across Kenya, with their own luxury camp in Masai Mara. Nairobi.
- Bike Treks: www.biketreks.co.ke Offering a selection of walking/cycling combination safaris, with a requirement for 3 people minimum. Nairobi.
- Bushback Adventures: www.bushbackadventures.com A small Nairobi based company who specialize in high end personalized walking safaris.
- Gametrackers: www.gametrackersafaris.com Offer safaris across Kenya and beyond, and come recommended for their remote Lake Turkana safaris. Nairobi.
- IntoAfrica: www.intoafrica.co.uk Based in Sheffield, UK, this company has a fair-trade angle, supporting local communities. Trips leave on specific dates, so you’ll need ot research ahead of time.
- Origins Safaris: www.originsafaris.info A higher end company offering cultural tours as well as wildlife. Works in Kenya and southern Ethiopia.
- Safari Seekers: www.safari-seekerskenya.net A budget safari company with their own camps in many parks. Have offices in both Nairobi and Mombassa.
- Somak Travel: www.somak-nairobi.com Midrange locally run outfit who’ve been in business over 30 years. Nairobi.
- Southern Cross Safaris: www.southerncrosssafaris.com Upper end safaris that can be personalized over a consultation. Nairobi.
- Tropical Valley Safaris: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, and organize safaris to all top destinations within Kenya, as well as to neighboring Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
- Uzaze Travels: www.uzaze.com A UK based tour operator that organises Africa safaris and hiking adventures to East Africa. In Kenya Uzaze Travels offers Kenya safari holidays and Mombasa beach holidays.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Kenya? Let us know.