There’s no safari-specific licensing organization in Namibia, but the highly rated Namibian Department of Tourism will be able to tell you whether a Namibian tour company is reputable. Given the remoteness of many of Namibia’s top safari attractions, a tour at some point on your trip is likely to be inevitable. Below is a selection of recommended safari tour companies in Namibia:
- Afro Ventures: www.afroventures.com Offer a range of Namibia highlight tours in 4WD, the highlight being their 7 day desert, coast and dunes tours.
- Campfire Safaris: Run tours across Namibia at the more budget end of the price spectrum.
- Chameleon Safaris: www.chameleonsafaris.com Aimed at backpackers, Chameleon offer country-wide safaris at great value prices.
- Crazy Kudu Safaris: www.crazykudu.com Fun, friendly and good value safaris from this budget operator.
- Felix Unite: www.felixunite.com A water-based safari company with a selection of river-rafting, canoeing and kayak safaris to choose from.
- Kaokohimba Safaris: www.kaoko-namibia.com Specializing in the Damaraland and Kaokoveld regions of Namibia, these guys run cultural as well as wildlife safaris.
- Namib Sky: www.namibsky.com This is the company to use for balloon safaris over the Namib Desert.
- Okakambe Trails: www.okakambe.iway.na The horse safari specialist, from half day tours to a good selection of longer trips.
- West Coast Safaris: www.westcoast.demon.nl Camping safaris through the most isolated parks in Namibia.
- Wild Dog Safaris: www.wilddog-safaris.com Their safaris cover the whole of Namibia with a choice of camping or budget accommodation.
- Xama Adventures: Specializing in small to medium size group safaris for local and international clients with packages including great Orange River Rafting trips.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Namibia? Let us know.