The overseeing body of safari tour companies in Uganda is the Ugandan Association of Tour Operators (UATO). Budget safaris is Uganda require some flexibility as most national parks in Uganda offer only top end of very basic accommodation. Below is a selection of recommended safari and tour operators in Uganda:
- Bird Uganda Safaris: www.birduganda.com Locally run safari operator based in Kampala. Focused on birding, but also offer gorilla tracking and standard safaris.
- Classic Africa Safaris: www.classicuganda.com Based in Entebbe, these guys come highly recommended as one of the best top end safari companies in Uganda.
- Gorilla Tours: www.gorillatours.com Serving all budgets and all Ugandan national parks, Gorilla Tours unsurprisingly specialise in arranging gorilla safaris.
- Great Lakes Safaris: www.safari-uganda.com Alongside safaris at a broad range of price points, Great Lakes Safaris also offer cultural tours. Kampala.
- Magic Safaris: www.magic-safaris.com Very good value high end safaris, with a choice of private or scheduled safari trips. Kampala.
- Matoke Tours: www.travel-uganda.net Focussing on the mid-range safari market, Matoke Tours serve all budgets enthusistically.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Uganda? Let us know.