Zimbabwe is not as dirt cheap as it once was, but safaris and tour company prices in the country compare very favorably with Southern African neighbors, as does the wildlife on view. If you do choose to use a safari tour company you’ll more than likely be treated to a close up sighting of the big five, including huge numbers of elephants. Read our choice of recommended safari tour companies in Zimbabwe:
- Africa Albida Tourism: www.africaalbidatourism.com A high end Southern African tourism operator with hotels and lodges, restaurants and parks in the region’s foremost tourist destinations with Victoria Falls as the hub.
- African Encounter: www.africanencounter.com Offer overland and backpacking tours of Zimbabwe for groups of three or more.
- Experience Africa Safaris: Based in the Mount Pleasant suburb or Harare and highly recommended for country-wide tours.
- Natureways Safaris: www.natureways.com Leading mobile safari operator in Mana Pools National Park and on the Zambezi River. An owner operated company specialising in walking and canoeing safaris.
- Varden Safaris: www.vardensafaris.com Give safaris a twist by going horseback. This agency specialises in horse safaris around Harare.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Zimbabwe? Let us know.