exploring Africa’s diverse habitats
Africa is a large and diverse continent, with many areas of wilderness ruled by the wildlife rather than humans. Some of these areas are huge national parks, while other wild areas are simply very sparsely inhabited.
In terms of Africa’s wildlife population, their distribution revolves around the key resource of water. This comes in the form of waterholes across Africa’s deserts, floodplains like the majestic Okavango Delta, or through the network of Africa’s rivers.
The blog posts below discuss various aspects of Africa’s habitats, as they relate to the wildlife of the continent.
Top countries for safaris
Most read articles
- All about the ‘big five’ animals
- When, where & how to see the great migration
- Collective nouns for animals
- Safari movies to watch before you go
- The ultimate safari reading list
- What are Africa’s most dangerous animals?
- The 6 greatest animal migrations in Africa
- The 20 best malaria-free safari destinations
- The world’s fastest land animals