South Africa is a large and incredibly diverse country, and the number and standard of safari tour companies in South Africa reflects this. To cut through all the information out there the South Africa National Parks (SANParks) organization will let you know how reputable a tour company is. Read our guide to recommended safari tour companies in South Africa:
- African Routes: www.africanroutes.co.za Specialize in camping and overland tours for both youngsters and older travelers.
- Bird Watch Cape: www.birdwatch.co.za Cape Town based twittching outfit, offering day trips and overnight tours.
- Bundu Safaris: www.bundusafaris.co.za Budget yet high quality overnight safari tours with a focus on backpackers.
- Thompsons South Africa: www.thompsonssa.com A company focusing on high end multi-day safaris across most of South Africa’s national parks.
- Viva Safaris: https://www.vivasafaris.com A leading South African Tour Operator offering value-for-money Kruger Park safari packages and tours in open game vehicles. 27 different packages and daily departures, 365 days a year.
- Wilderness Safaris: www.wilderness-safaris.com A luxury lodge and safari operator who offer a selection of niche wildlife viewing tours, including cycling safaris, bird watching and a specialized botanical tour.
- Wildlife Safaris: www.wildlifesaf.co.za Johannesburg-based safari operator specializing in small, customized trips to the nearby Kruger and Pilansberg National Parks.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in South Africa? Let us know.