There’s no safari-specific licensing organization in Botswana, but the Department of Tourism will be able to tell you whether a tour company is reputable. Below is a selection of recommended safari tour companies in Botswana:
- Afro Trek: www.afrotrek.com: Specialize in mid-market safaris across Botswana.
- Audi Camp Safari:s www.okavangocamp.com: Based in Maun, this is a budget operator offering a range of good value Okavango Delta tours.
- Crocodile Camp Safaris: www.botswana.com The budget backpackers choice for Maun-focused safaris.
- Maun Rest Camp: Another Maun-based budget operator, but specializing in mobile safaris to get closer to the action.
- Ker & Downey: www.kerdowney.com. About as exclusive as it gets – long established super high end safaris in Botswana and beyond.
- Thebe River Camp: Based in Kasane, these guys arrange boat and overland trips into Chobe National Park.
- Wilderness Safaris: www.wilderness-safaris.com. High quality safaris in Botswana and across Southern Africa.
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Botswana? Let us know.