Search, track and book flights to South Africa, from anywhere in the world >>
South Africa is a large and incredibly diverse country, and the number and standard of safari tour companies in South Africa reflects this. To cut through all the information out there the South Africa National Parks (SANParks) organization will let you know how reputable a tour company is. Read our guide to recommended safari tour companies in South Africa:
- African Routes: www.africanroutes.co.za Specialize in camping and overland tours for both youngsters and older travelers.
- Bird Watch Cape: www.birdwatch.co.za Cape Town based twittching outfit, offering day trips and overnight tours.
- Bundu Safaris: www.bundusafaris.co.za Budget yet high quality overnight safari tours with a focus on backpackers.
- Thompsons South Africa: www.thompsonssa.com A company focusing on high end multi-day safaris across most of South Africa’s national parks.
- Viva Safaris: https://www.vivasafaris.com A leading South African Tour Operator offering value-for-money Kruger Park safari packages and tours in open game vehicles. 27 different packages and daily departures, 365 days a year.
- Wilderness Safaris: www.wilderness-safaris.com A luxury lodge and safari operator who offer a selection of niche wildlife viewing tours, including cycling safaris, bird watching and a specialized botanical tour.
- Wildlife Safaris: www.wildlifesaf.co.za Johannesburg-based safari operator specializing in small, customized trips to the nearby Kruger.
Shindzela Tented Safari Camp
Shindzela Tented Safari Camp is an unfenced tented camp set in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, forming part of the Greater Kruger National Park. The eco-friendly camp consists of eight thatched, en-suite safari tents, with a communal open-plan lounge, dining room, bar area and pool, all overlooking a dry river-bed and small watering hole where animals congregate on hot summer days. All meals and two safari activities each day are included with an option of game drives in open 4X4 vehicles or a morning guided walking trail, all with professional guides.
Thabamati Luxury Tented Camp
- Thabamati Luxury Tented Camp is located in the Greater Kruger National Par, within the renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The intimate camp offers an infinity pool to relax in between game drives, library, bar, lounge and dining area, and a sunken boma. 4 luxury canvas safari tents with both indoor and outdoor shower have views of the dam and bushveld, with the Drakensburg mountain range on the horizon. Along with three meals a day and morning and afternoon safari activities, sundowner game-drive drinks and star-gazing after dinner on offer. The whole camp can be booked out as a villa option, complete with private guide, vehicle and chef.